What is Mind Mapping®?
A Mind Map® is a visual representation of an idea or subject and associated component parts, using a creative and intuitive process to develop and structure thoughts in a radiant, hierarchical and memorable way. Devised by psychologist Tony Buzan in the 1970s, it improves upon earlier learning techniques such as ‘spider diagrams’, ‘concept maps’ and ‘sun bursting’, by structuring ideas to form a tree-like visual image.
Starting with an image at the centre of a page - representing the central concept of the Mind Map® - branches radiate outwards showing various ideas relating to the main subject. Using colour, single words and images or symbols, a highly visual graphic ‘map’ is produced, highlighting not only the information and its sub-themes, but also the connections and relationships between the ideas.
Tony Buzan Mind Map® Practitioner – One Day Course
For businesses, corporations, charitable organisations, professional bodies and any group of individuals who would like to explore using whole-brain-thinking to solve problems and harness their potential.
All Mind Maps® are different – which is one of the key reasons why they are so effective. However, they follow an established format and principles which work in harmony with how the brain functions. Following these guidelines, you can learn how to use the Mind Mapping® technique to improve your creativity, take more effective notes, and boost your problem solving skills with this one-day, fully interactive seminar.
Mind Map® Course Outline
- Introduction and Overview
- Why Mind Maps® Are Superior to Linear Notes
- The Recall During Learning Graph (Inspiration of Mind Map® Rules)
- The Mind Map® Rules – How and Why
- Creating a Mind Map® - Organising Your Thoughts
- The Importance of Breaks
- Mind Map® Note Taking from a Presentation
- Multiple Applications of Mind Maps®
- How to Mind Map® a Study Book
- Exercise Mind Mapping® Text
- The Recall After Learning Graph – The Importance of Reviews
- The Ideal Study Hour
- Mind Maps® for Studying (Including Professional Exams)
- Giving a Presentation from a Mind Map®
Tony Buzan talks about his life goal:
Tony Buzan Mind Mapping® Practitioner Course
To support the learning on the course and to help with ongoing practice and implementation of the techniques covered, each delegate will also receive the following:
- Top quality Mind Mapping® pens
- Mind Map® Pad
- The Mind Map® Book by Tony Buzan
- The Student Survival Guide by Phil Chambers & Elaine Colliar
- 101 Top Tips for Better Mind Maps® by Phil Chambers
- Tony Buzan International Certificate signed by Tony Buzan and Raymond Keene OBE
- 3 months of free support via email.
Tony Buzan Mind Mapping® Practitioner Course - Pricing
Price: £500 per delegate
Number of delegates: min 4 max 15
Venue: course conducted on your premises or at a venue arranged by you
* Alternative venues may be arranged for an additional fee. These are charged at cost.
Who can benefit from Mind Mapping®?
Anyone! Mind Mapping® has many applications and can be used to help generate, classify or remember ideas and information in any context, in the workplace, in education and in your personal life.
Whether you want to improve team-work, work more efficiently, remember information better or enhance your study skills, Mind Mapping® is an effective technique that can help you:
- Think more creatively
- Organise your ideas and information
- Solve problems faster
- Make decisions
- Improve your ability to recall
Top tips for better Mind Maps®
- Don’t put a box around the central image
- If you don’t think you can draw an image, use a word but embellish it to make it stand out
- Use lots of colours – at least 3 (but the more the better!)
- Use thicker branches at the centre of the Mind Map®, becoming thinner as they radiate outwards
- Use single words instead of sentences
What Our Clients Say
I often forget stuff and put it down to galloping old age - listening to Phil Chambers not only helped me to understand why I forget to remember (yes that's right) he also explained some really simple, genius ways I could give my powers of memory a boost... Phil is brilliant, his teaching style is great fun and you'll leave knowing how to control your powers of recall.
Phil does a great presentation on mind mapping® and memory skills.I have aways been a fan of Tony Buzan and a user of mind mapping® but Phil puts it in across better and more memorable. Take a look your self and book him.
We work with corporations, businesses, public bodies and charitable organisations who want to improve productivity and creativity, and with individuals who are looking for tools to help them develop their potential. Some of our past clients include: